While iOS users are passionate about iPhone 5 there are millions of Android users around the world that are in love with the Samsung flagship Galaxy smartphones that offer superior mobile experience. Samsung has been taking over the smartphone experience to the next level with the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S4 that will be soon available in the markets globally. Samsung believes that this new flagship smartphone is much ahead of the already available Samsung Galaxy S3.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the top features of the device in the Samsung Galaxy S4 review below:
- In terms of design, Samsung has not been the best with the design which looks very much like Samsung S3 and Samsung Note 2. The overall design structure is similar and Samsung Galaxy S4 looks like a combine result of the other two devices. However, the only good factor about Samsung Galaxy S4 is that it is incredibly thinner than the Galaxy S3 and slightly bigger as well which makes it easier to hold in hand.
- The overall weight of the smartphone is 130 grams and therefore it is not too heavy. However, in comparison to Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 is heavier as iPhone 5 weighs only 112 grams.
- Exterior feel of the smartphone is identical to Samsung Galaxy S3. It offers one on/off button on the right side, volume rocker on the left side, headphone jack on the top and charging port at the bottom. The only exterior button on the device is the Home button which is right below the screen.
- Samsung has decided to be somewhere between not-too-big and not-too-small and therefore they have gone ahead with 5 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3 that offers superior scratch resistance. The screen size definitely beats some of the top smartphones in the market like Apple iPhone 5 that offers 4 inches display and HTC One that offers 4.7 inches display and even Nokia Lumia 920 that offers 4.5 inches screen.
- The screen also boasts of 440 ppi which beats all other smartphones in terms of sharp and crisp display. The screen is stunningly bright and offer razor sharp images for better display experience. However, it does not beat the screen resolution of HTC One for sure.
- For the first time ever, Samsung has gone ahead with Exynos Octo processor clocking that clocks in at 1.6 GHz offering zippy performance even while multi-tasking and handling multiple apps at the same time.
- Samsung has also up the competition in the camera segment with the introduction of 13 megapixel camera that bulges out slightly from the body. The camera can handle low light photography. Samsung has not worked much on the camera but the smartphone manufacturer has incorporated some of the features that were previously found in Nokia and HTC offering more options to Samsung users. Some of the features like Cinema Mode, Eraser Mode and Burst Mode offer lot of options to the users.
- Samsung’s TouchWiz is almost identical to the earlier version but with some clever changes and upgrades that makes it feel like new. The lock screen water rippling has been done away with but there are various other features that Samsung have incorporated. The new Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and therefore there is a new notification bar on the top that allows users to turn off and on some of the features like NFC and Group Cast options.
- The Air Gesture feature allows users to swipe phone without touching the screen while Hover Mode allows users to get better experience of S Pen without interrupting the action.
- Bigger Screen
- Longer Battery Life
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 13 megapixel rear camera
- NFC Enabled
- Superior Processor Performance
- More Storage Space – Bluetooth v4.0
- Thin and Big Size
- Similar Old Design
- Hyperglaze Finish Shabby
- No FM Radio
- Poor Video Recording Quality
- No Wireless Charging
- Lack of Premium Materials
There is no doubt that Samsung Galaxy S4 is one step ahead of the currently available S3 smartphone. The phone offers better feel and bigger and brighter display which works well for many users. However, some of the features are very new like Air Gesture and therefore none of the users have tried it in the real time. Some of the features are good but many experts doubt the credibility of such features as they make no big difference to the overall user experience. However, it still manages to remain the most anticipated smartphone for the year 2013 and will release worldwide on April 26, 2013 with a price tag of approximate $250 for 32GB version.